When you’re recruiting new talent for your business, it’s important to assess the candidate’s medical and physical capability to carry out the functions and tasks of the role.
We work in partnership with independent medical practitioners to carry out pre-employment assessments to suit your company’s requirements. These form an important part of managing both your compliance needs and risk mitigation strategy and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your company.
What’s involved in a pre-employment medical?
During a medical, experienced medical practitioners assess the following:
- Personal health history (from a questionnaire the applicant must fill-in).
- Height, weight and basic physical ability.
- Visual acuity and colour vision.
- Blood pressure and pulse.
- Respiratory, circulatory and digestive system.
- Musculoskeletal system including the spine.
- Urinalysis (for the detection of blood, glucose and protein).
- Customisation – where we can test for specific conditions including, lung function, hearing, functional capacity and drug and alcohol testing as required.
- Experienced Physiotherapists conduct functional capacity assessments – focusing on the physical suitability of the candidate for the requirements of the role.
For more details on how you can partner with Primary to conduct pre-employment medicals and assessments, call us today on 1300 316 774.